There’s nothing more frustrating than ill-behaving hair. Even when we jump through hoops to sport luscious locks, unruly winter weather may ruin our attempts. We’ve sat down with one of our stylists, Blair, to find out what you can do to soothe the static.
- Check your environment: Is your home or room especially dry? Get a humidifier. It’ll not only add moisture back into the room but also your hair.
- Use a hydrating conditioner: If getting a humidifier just isn’t going to happen, you can use products that will help close the cuticle and topically add moisture to the hair, like Oribe Gold Lust conditioner. If you find that you have build up from using a heavier conditioner, switch it up and use a clarifying shampoo once a week to help break down the build up. A great one is the Sunday Shampoo by Bumble and bumble!
- Use a frizz control spray: Oribe anti-humidity spray is great for controlling frizz and fly-aways!
- Favorite product: Blair highly recommends Bumble and bumble’s “Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil.” In addition to using the Invisible Oil, try the Oil Primer. It primes the hair for styling and adds heat protection and is great to use in conjunction with the “Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil.”
- Extra tricks (on especially frizzy days): Kerastase Hair Smoothing Sheets are your frizzy hair’s worst nightmare (and you can carry them in your bag!).
- Another refreshing move you can make: Now, this may sound crazy, but it works. You can use apple cider vinegar to bring some life back to your hair. After you shampoo, simply add one part ACV to one part warm, filtered tap water. Soak your hair in it and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then rinse out!
For more tips on how to tame your mane, check back on our blog or stop into one of our three locations and ask a stylist yourself!