What many people don’t realize about the growing and quickly expanding business of nail art is that is more current than most of your newsfeeds. In fact, the trends that you see on the tips of fingers are actually deeply imbedded into culture. More so than simply aligning with holidays— nail art is capturing, in real-time, the heartbeat of society in a beautiful way.
- Fact #1: Nail art was used in ancient Egypt as early as 5000 B.C.
- Fact #2: The modern manicure debuted in 1830 in Europe and then progressed into America in the late 19th century
- Fact #3: MGM employed Beatrice Kaye to manicure stars such as Bette Davis and invented the “Moon Manicure” where she painted the center of the nail and left the remaining unpolished
- Fact #4: Nail art is often reflective of artists, history and cultural trends
- Fact #5: There are several different types of nail art: alternating colors, effect polishes, water decals/stickers, dotting, stripes, animal prints— just to name a few!
- Fact #6: The biggest styles of manicures are gel, acrylic, silks and powder
- Fact #7: As much as we love manicured nails, it’s actually best for your nails and cuticles if you wait two weeks between each manicure
Regardless of what type or style you want to flaunt on your nails, our experienced nail technicians will give you the look you’ve just fallen in love with or the one you always wanted. Please visit us online at www.jeanpaulspa.com or call 518-482-2121 to book your appointment today.